0

Hi,

I have an HP Pavilion DV6000 laptop that I have been using since 2007. This morning when I turned it on it was working fine for a minute then it just shut down and would not start again. I could hear a clicking sound a few seconds apart. When I took out the battery, the sound stopped.
A few hours later I put the battery back in and tried to boot it. This time the lights were working but the screen was still blank. There are no error beeps.
After reviewing several posts online my guess is that one of the capacitors on the motherboard burnt out or it short circuited, but I’m not sure.
If you have any expertise in this area please help me out here.

Thanks.

7
Contributors
10
Replies
12
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by joytech22
0

The fist thing to do is open it up and find and remove and refit its ram.
See if that has any effect.

0

If it has a vga slot you could put vga card in or change the existing one.

0

i would say your first guess was right, maybe a capacitor did burn out, if you have a fairly good knowledge about these things, pull off the case and check for any electrolyte, if there isn't any, check for bulging capacitors.

Still nothing? Just because there may not be any apparent reason for the capacitor (s) to fail, doesn't mean it still hasn't.

Same thing happened to me last year, but with a desktop, thank goodness i came here. :D

0

I dealt with similar issue on an HP laptop. It came down to a bad graphics card. Since the graphics card is integrated you can't replace it. The chip might be replaced but it needs to be done by skilled chip tech.
HP is aware of this issue and they have extended the warranty by another year. Your HP might still be under warranty. Check HP site for your model and look for something to do with extension of warranty. My friend's HP laptop has been repaired by HP after 23 month of purchase. Good luck.

0

Hi,

I have an HP Pavilion DV6000 laptop that I have been using since 2007. This morning when I turned it on it was working fine for a minute then it just shut down and would not start again. I could hear a clicking sound a few seconds apart. When I took out the battery, the sound stopped.
A few hours later I put the battery back in and tried to boot it. This time the lights were working but the screen was still blank. There are no error beeps.
After reviewing several posts online my guess is that one of the capacitors on the motherboard burnt out or it short circuited, but I’m not sure.
If you have any expertise in this area please help me out here.

Thanks.

exacly the same problem help if you can?

0

running gigabyte ipe1000or was now black screen no beep ,help.just vacuumed my computer,tried reseating everything

0

exacly the same problem help if you can?

Hmm, exactly the same problem? maybe your laptop is showing the same symptoms as the original poster's, could you try and follow the tips and advice we gave up the page? the same may apply to you.

0

running gigabyte ipe1000or was now black screen no beep ,help.just vacuumed my computer,tried reseating everything

Wait you vacuumed your computer? Computer's are highly sensitive to static electricity, vacuuming may have created a small arc of static electricity, this in turn may have damaged something in the computer (most likely the GPU/IGP or anything to do with display)

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.