I need help with reformatting an old computer. I don't know how. It is a windows 98 2nd edition boot, but I try to install and it say scan disk found data that might be lost and kicks me out of win setup. HELP ME

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I need help with reformatting an old computer. I don't know how. It is a windows 98 2nd edition boot, but I try to install and it say scan disk found data that might be lost and kicks me out of win setup. HELP ME

Hi,

Boot off floppy disk and run "fdisk" delete the partition and then create new partition. Reboot from floppy disk and type "format c:" when thats complete boot from your windows 98 cd and the setup should complete. Thats assuming your hardware is working properly.

Good Luck

Tim

hi, thanks it worked like a charm. up and running, but I also need to know where to go to get some drivers for monitor and other things. any suggestions?

pat

The provided "Plug & Play Monitor" drivers should be sufficient, but we can't tell you where to get drivers for your other components without knowing what they are.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.