I left the room with my computer on, and came back to the screen being frozen. I tried control alt delete and it didn't work. I hit the reset button and then the computer kept starting up and shutting down over and over. I thought maybe the reset button was stuck. Any idea why this is happening and what can I do to fix it?
Thanks

uhhh, don't use the reset button?...

It _could_ possibly be that the reset button IS stuck... If you have a problem like that happen again, just give it a force shut down.

I'd just say don't use the reset button.

I left the room with my computer on, and came back to the screen being frozen. I tried control alt delete and it didn't work. I hit the reset button and then the computer kept starting up and shutting down over and over. I thought maybe the reset button was stuck. Any idea why this is happening and what can I do to fix it?
Thanks

Did you get a resolution for this? I am having the same problem with my Inspiron 5000e.

Thanks

Im having the same restarting problem. I tried taking the battery out, which didn't make a difference. Seems like a number of people have experienced the problem. I wonder if it's just a computer crash and thats it. Cuase I havent seen any answers. What happened to your system? Thanks.
Thomas

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.