I have a G4 sawtooth 400 with a ATI RAGE 128PRO and I've got two monitors connected to it. A VGA and a DVI-D, and I would like to run both monitors together. It's wierd, when I boot up the system, it starts with the VGA monitor and then switches to the DVI monitor, but if the VGA isn't connected, it wont go to the other. The point is, I know they both work, just not at the same time. Does this card simply not support dual displays?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Does this card simply not support dual displays?

You've found the source of your own problem. The solution? A new Video card to replace your internal, or a PCI version of the same to use as the source for a second monitor.

You've found the source of your own problem. The solution? A new Video card to replace your internal, or a PCI version of the same to use as the source for a second monitor.

I'm having a similar problem with my G4. So the ATI ragePro 128 doesn't support dual display? Wish I'd known that before I bought the DVI/VGA adapter. Ah well. Does anyone know from firsthand experience if simply adding a second PCI card will allow me to run in monitor-spanning mode. Or do I need one card to run both displays?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.