Ok, so I get my new card (A ATI Radeon saphire 9800+ Pro) and switch it out with my old ATI Radeon 9200+ and it is situated perfectly in the AGP slot and I think windows detects it because in teh scren where you shoose your resolution it says I am using Plug and Play Monitor on RADEON 9800... but I can't get any games to start or any other graphic intensive programs... I get this error message [IMG]http://img158.exs.cx/img158/8123/error4rs.jpg[/IMG]

Any help here would be greatly appreciated :cool:

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Member Avatar for szukalski

Are you running the latest drivers for your card? Or at least the ones supplied on the manufacturer cd?

Yes. I installed the drivers that came with the card and I d/l'ed the newest form the the ATI site.

Would I need to (un)install teh old one or something?

Yes! Make sure you uninstall any previous drivers before installing new ones. That goes for the old card drivers and the (old) drivers supplied with your new card.

...ok.... I don't know where to go to (un)install them... :confused: :rolleyes:

Anyone tell me where?

Usually under Add/Remove programs in Control Panel.

dont drivers always leave some sort of files behind even if u remove them and the best way to remove them completly is too reformat your pc, or maybe thats just if your switching companies, o well :o

Ok... I (un)installed all previous drivers and the new ones for the card then (re)installed them. It works now! :eek:

dont drivers always leave some sort of files behind even if u remove them and the best way to remove them completly is too reformat your pc, or maybe thats just if your switching companies, o well :o

There are numerous driver cleaners available for download. A format is only necessary if you can't get the card working no matter what, or you're a performance/benchmarking nut.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.