1. OS-Windows XP Home
2. Slowed, froze, blue screened.
3. Select startup, F8. Nothing worked.
4. Formatted hard drive with wipe (format disk).
5. Tried to install XP Pro.
6. Power shut off at end of loading startup files.
7. Retried several times. Finally, loaded XP Pro.
8. While loading Office, froze, blue-screened.
9. Started over, but this time with original XP Home.
10. Power continues to shut off after loading "checking system and loading startup files".
11. No battery inserted.
12. Direct power.
13. When power goes off, unplug power supply, plug back in to be able to start again.
14. Is something in the startup files triggering the power shut off?
15. Is this a software or hardware problem, or both?