I have a HP Pavilion N5250 that is a couple of years old. Recently, my dad gave it to me and it has been sitting around unused for about 6 months. As far as I know, it ran fine before that. When I hit the power switch (whether it's plugged in or just on battery), the LED lights blink but nothing happens. I have charged the battery overnight to see if that was the problem but regardless it should run on AC. What is curious is that the CD player which has the capability to run separately starts and runs with no problems. This would seem to indicate a problem with the power switch or power supply. I thought I would see if anyone has ideas about this before I bust open the case and see what's inside.
Jump to Post
It sounds like you might just need to buy a new power adaptor
All 10 Replies
Be a part of the DaniWeb community
We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.20 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.