Hello, a friend of mine gave me their T6426 to repair and it appears that the on-board video card is not working. The MB is a MS-7207. I've done some research and found that inserting a GFX card will solve my problem. Does anyone know this for sure before I go out and purchase one? I tried a GeForce 7200 GS but that didn't work.

Thanking you in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

do they have the motherboard manual,it would say what card it could take ,emachine site doesn't give any specs or manual download
i will assume because they gave it to you fix ,you are trying right type of card ,like pci-e or agp,you could also try a regular old 8 or 16 meg pci card just to troubleshoot

I have two of these machines displaying the same symptoms. I've tried PCI and AGP video cards and never got a signal on either of them. It appears the motherboard has died? I hope you didn't purchase anything.

Hello, a friend of mine gave me their T6426 to repair and it appears that the on-board video card is not working. The MB is a MS-7207. I've done some research and found that inserting a GFX card will solve my problem. Does anyone know this for sure before I go out and purchase one? I tried a GeForce 7200 GS but that didn't work.

Thanking you in advance.

I got one of these recently and the original owner said the onboard video was blown, but it does display video. However, it often freezes while booting/rebooting. It flickers and redraws very sluggishly at anything above 800 x 600 resolution until I changed Windows performance from "let Windows decide" to "optimize for fast performance".

Did you guys have similar symptoms or no video at all?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.