Hi guys,
I have Intel dual core processor, 2gb ram ,Intel 945 motherboard Dvd writer ,160 sata HD
initially my pc was shutting down due to over heating causing dust in processor fan so I cleaned the fan and got solved the problem
now it started continuously rebooting but after some time just say about 1 or 2 hour it starts normal and works normal for half n hour an again restarts and keeps on rebooting. my observation is fan of processor is spinning too fast than normal
I thought that ram may have faulty so i changed it with new ram but it didn't worked
I feel the thermal lubricant should change but not so sure pls help me to solve this problem
Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 17 Replies

I've seen this problem with a faulty power supply.

If you don't have a tester for your power supply; the easiest way to test it is to trade it out for a different one and see if it solves your issue.

make sure that your processor heatsink is seated properly, and put some thermal lubricant also to make sure..hope this helps...

I've seen this problem with a faulty power supply.

If you don't have a tester for your power supply; the easiest way to test it is to trade it out for a different one and see if it solves your issue.

Thank for replying
as per you suggested i replaced the power supply unit with same watt (400W) now the continues rebooting problem is no more but yet processor fan spins too fast and mine PSU gets too hot

• Recently insttalled Nvidia Gforce series card into my PC
  • It shows GPU temperature 52 Degree Celsius
    Should i bring higher wattage PSU or anything else can solve this problem
    Pls suggest
    Thanks

I'd need more information to determine if you'd need a larger power supply or ???

What is the model number of the PSU, the motherboard and the video card? What else is installed in the PC?

Make sure you have good case cooling as well. Cool air in from the front and hot air out the back. I am also willing to bet that your 400W PSU is not sufficient for your recently installed upgrades.

I'd need more information to determine if you'd need a larger power supply or ???

What is the model number of the PSU, the motherboard and the video card? What else is installed in the PC?

Hi,
It is Intel 945GCR Motherboard.
Intel Dual Core pentium D 3.00 ghz procrssor
Nvidia 8400 G series 512 mb Graphic card
Total 2 Gb ram one is dynet with 533 speed and other is Symtronics 667speed each 1 gb

Hi,
It is Intel 945GCR Motherboard.
Intel Dual Core pentium D 3.00 ghz procrssor
Nvidia 8400 G series 512 mb Graphic card
Total 2 Gb ram one is dynet with 533 speed and other is Symtronics 667speed each 1 gb

still no info on your current power supply unit in the box

still no info on your current power supply unit in the box

Hi
The power supply has 400W
And 160 gb Hard disc
thanks

Hi
And 160 gb Hard disc
thanks

Hi
And 160 gb Hard disc
thanks

so ,it sound like you need a bigger psu, more watts

That graphics card suggests using a 500W PSU. If i were you i would get at least a 550 or a 600W. you can never have too many watts. lol

But the CPU over heating doesn't sound like a PSU problem. Are you using the factory Heat sync that came with the CPU?

Thank for replying
as per you suggested i replaced the power supply unit with same watt (400W) now the continues rebooting problem is no more but yet processor fan spins too fast and mine PSU gets too hot

• Recently insttalled Nvidia Gforce series card into my PC
  • It shows GPU temperature 52 Degree Celsius
    Should i bring higher wattage PSU or anything else can solve this problem

As jermaghs07 noted the PSU recommended for that graphics card is at least 500W and I would follow his suggestion of putting at least a 600W or higher in the machine.

The CPU fan spinning too fast could be a couple of things...do you have the fan plugged into the correct motherboard fan output. There should be one labeled CPU and maybe a couple others labeled system. The heat sink may be too small for the CPU you are using (is it a factory CPU heat sink?). Did you use any heat sink compound (Arctic Silver, etc...) on the CPU when installing it?

The GPU getting too hot can be a number of things as well. If it is a passively cooled GPU you may consider replacing the passive heat sink with a fan cooled heat sink. If you replace it...use some heat sink compound.

As many others have mentioned in this thread...make sure you have good airflow through the system. If you get a new PSU make sure it is actively cooled as well. Find one that has two fans in it.

To get help quicker you might want to give your full system specs up front with model numbers which would include all parts in the system. It is difficult to give accurate help without this information.

As jermaghs07 noted the PSU recommended for that graphics card is at least 500W and I would follow his suggestion of putting at least a 600W or higher in the machine.

The CPU fan spinning too fast could be a couple of things...do you have the fan plugged into the correct motherboard fan output. There should be one labeled CPU and maybe a couple others labeled system. The heat sink may be too small for the CPU you are using (is it a factory CPU heat sink?). Did you use any heat sink compound (Arctic Silver, etc...) on the CPU when installing it?

The GPU getting too hot can be a number of things as well. If it is a passively cooled GPU you may consider replacing the passive heat sink with a fan cooled heat sink. If you replace it...use some heat sink compound.

As many others have mentioned in this thread...make sure you have good airflow through the system. If you get a new PSU make sure it is actively cooled as well. Find one that has two fans in it.

To get help quicker you might want to give your full system specs up front with model numbers which would include all parts in the system. It is difficult to give accurate help without this information.

Hi
First of all I will thanks to all of you guys for helping me on this issue
Finally i think i have replace PSU to higher (600W) one
second allow more air supply in to case
the current heat sink is a factory heatsink
Pls tell me What is GPU temprature? & it related to what?

Thanks

Hi

Thanks

GPU =Graphic processing unit , . so that makes it related to the temp of you video cards main chip!the one with the heatsinc or heatsinc,and fan.

Graphics Processing Unit...basically it's a CPU for your graphics card but specialized for processing graphics. Depending on the graphics card...temps of 45 to 70 degrees Celsius are fairly normal.

Is yours running at 52C under load or idle? If idle...what is it under load?

Graphics Processing Unit...basically it's a CPU for your graphics card but specialized for processing graphics. Depending on the graphics card...temps of 45 to 70 degrees Celsius are fairly normal.

Is yours running at 52C under load or idle? If idle...what is it under load?

Hi
i am edditing a video but while rendering after complition 65% computer restarts and all mine efforts goes waste
can you tell why so many background processes running in TASK MANAGER Which processes are essential and which are unwanted & to ristrict them ??or what other problem could be ?
here i have attached list file of processes running in the background
pls give me some idea
Thanks

Hi
i am edditing a video but while rendering after complition 65% computer restarts and all mine efforts goes waste
can you tell why so many background processes running in TASK MANAGER Which processes are essential and which are unwanted & to ristrict them ??or what other problem could be ?
here i have attached list file of processes running in the background
pls give me some idea
Thanks

you didn't attach the file ,

anyway Here is what i use ,its a little program from the people who make malwarebytes ,its called StartUpLite.
http://www.malwarebytes.org/startuplite.php

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.