Heres What I am Running:

- Soyo Dragon Lite P4x400 (already updated BIOS)
- 2.8 GHz Pentium 4 Processor 533/400 MHz
- 160GB Seagate Barracuda Harddrive (Partitioned into Drives C(100 GB), and D (50Gb)
- 512 MB DDR Kingston Ram
- 128 MB DDR ATI 7200SE Video Card
- Sony DVD+/- R/RW Dual Layer Drive
- Song CD Writer 52x48x52 CD Drive
- 350 W power supply
- WIndows Xp Professional

Ok Here the situation:

I have been using this computer without any problems until December of 04 when I decided to install a wireless Internet card. IT worked fine for the next 3 months. In March, my computer started to freeze whenever I ran pretty much anything. I tried many things like registry scanning, defragmenting, Adaware, Spybot, PC Powerscan and they did not work. I was tired of it freezing so I decided to reboot. My computer frooze a couple of times during the Reinstallation of Windows but it luckily ran successfully once and I had windows installed again. I thought my problems were over, but then my computer started doing the freezing thing again. I decided to pull out the extra components (Tv tuner, Internet card, etc.) and just see if it would run from that. It kept freezing after roughly 10 minutes everytime. Sometimes when I just let it stand, it will freeze. I rebooted again and now it just freezes during the Installation of Xp (the blue screen). I also have changed the ram and it still has those problems so its not the ram. I have flashed the bios and I think the problem must be hardware related. Any advice?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Have you tried a new power supply yet?

No i haven't do u think it will solve all my problems?

I would look at the operating temp first. Check cmos temp, pull the heat sink and check the thermal grease etc.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.