I have the below hardware configuration and I have tried all the possible drivers for my graphic card but it didn't help.Same problems with all 3D games : When playing 3D games, the game suddenly quits to desktop without any error messages ! So what's your comment ?

* GIGABYTE GA 8IK 1100 I875 SATA 400/800 +SOUND+LAN
* KINGSTON 512MB PC3200 DDR400
* ASUS ATI RADEON 9600XT
* SEAGATE 80GB SATA
* INTEL P4 PRESCOTT 2.80E
* ASUS 300 WATT PSU

and Windows XP ( SP1 ) operating system.

Contributors
Replies
Views
13 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by TEKIMAY

Thanks for your comment, but I have updated all of the software related to the system, I also had the Bios update of both graphic card and motherboard. But unfortunatelly problem goes on...

In that case, the next most likely culprits would be having 'AGP Fast Writes' enabled in BIOS Setup, or perhaps a faulty stick of RAM.

You could also try setting the AGP interface to AGP 4X instead of AGP 8X

I tried the 4X setting but it did not help. Up to now I downloaded all of the latest patchs and drivers for chipsets, graphic card, motherboard, etc.

As a matter of fact I have enough info about all kind of hardware but in this case I'm locked up. If someone can help me I will be so glad to know the solution and I will thank to him/her each time I play a game; I can give any kind of computer related help to him/her.

Thanks Catweazle, for your cooperation. I will try your suggestion, I will disable "'AGP Fast Writes"... Thanks.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.