Hello. I have an E-Machine computer. Running Windows XP with SP 3. What is happening is the computer starts up as soon as I plug it in, the splash screen comes up then it shuts down and restarts. I don't have time to do anything, not even start it in safe mode.

This happened once before and we replaced the power supply and that seemed to correct it. But its doing it again.

Unfortuantely I don't have the hardware specs availible right now but if any of you want them I'll do my best to find them out. We have Pinnacles Blue Box hooked up to the computer and the appropriate video card for that. That much I know. I also know we have over a gig of RAM on board but I don't know the type or brand.

This is driving me insane as you can probably imagine and any help would be appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hello. I have an E-Machine computer. Running Windows XP with SP 3. What is happening is the computer starts up as soon as I plug it in, the splash screen comes up then it shuts down and restarts. I don't have time to do anything, not even start it in safe mode.

This happened once before and we replaced the power supply and that seemed to correct it. But its doing it again.

Unfortuantely I don't have the hardware specs availible right now but if any of you want them I'll do my best to find them out. We have Pinnacles Blue Box hooked up to the computer and the appropriate video card for that. That much I know. I also know we have over a gig of RAM on board but I don't know the type or brand.

This is driving me insane as you can probably imagine and any help would be appreciated.

Just one more thing, when we put the power supply in it was still acting up then started actting right just until yesterday.

good, u could check d system processor or the IDE cable.

Saobak, NIGERIA

Actually we solved this ourselves. The heat sink on the motherboard was really dusty. After we cleaned it, it started working.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.