Hello, I have a 4 year old gaming computer from Ibuypower. It was kind of dirty so it has noices when it's running. So I bought a duster but I didn't know you shouldn't spray it up-side down. So I did it.. About 2 weeks later, the ethernet plug on the side stops working. Then a week later, the computer won't even start up. Then I open the case and found a lot of white crystal residues everywhere. I'm sure the power supply is functioning right, it's the other components not running. I can't order those parts.

I'm wondering is there anyway to fix the problem without replacing those parts?

Thanks in Advance!
Any feedback will be appreciated. ^-^

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I'm sure the power supply is functioning right, it's the other components not running. I can't order those parts.

I'm wondering is there anyway to fix the problem without replacing those parts?

Thanks in Advance!
Any feedback will be appreciated. ^-^

What parts???

I wouldn't be so sure that it's duster gunk. The only thing spraying it upside-down should really get on it is the propellant (C02 ?), which should just freeze it and then evaporate.

My concern would be that one of the electrolytic capacitors went south and leaked it's goo everywhere or something else is oxidizing and that's what the crystals are.

Does it do anything at all when you try to turn it on?

I wouldn't be so sure that it's duster gunk. The only thing spraying it upside-down should really get on it is the propellant (C02 ?), which should just freeze it and then evaporate.

My concern would be that one of the electrolytic capacitors went south and leaked it's goo everywhere or something else is oxidizing and that's what the crystals are.

Does it do anything at all when you try to turn it on?

At first (2weeks after spraying) the eternet stopped working, then few days later, it wont even turn on. I replaced the power supply so I'm sure it's not power supply not functioning. I brought it to geeksquad and did a dianogstic, and they said its the residues. The duster spray is low temperature and when it sprays on a warm part of processor blah blah it will break. They told me to replace the parts. But I can't get any replacement and it's not worth it.

You have answered your own question. You need new parts, they must be purchased, you can not afford them, your PC can not be fixed until you can.
Mark the thread as solved, work some overtime and get some funds to repair it or if is not worth it, dump it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.