I have an HP M7160N Media Center PC with an Asus P5LP-LE mobo w/an Intel chip. I'm trying to find out which heatsink will be compatible. On my current heatsink (which has a fan inside it), there are these numbers: P/N: Z9H741K007 & S/N: Q5223C. My current heatsink also says AVC. I'm not sure if this is the brand or what.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks - Ryan

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hello,

Could I ask why you need another one?

You don't need to get the same brand/make as long as that heat sink is compatable with the motherboard processor.

To make a long story short, I have replaced the mobo, psu, and cpu. I've been having one heck of a heat issue and the only other thing I can think of is that my HS isn't pulling enough to keep it cool. I figured I'd try getting a new HS in hopes of solving my heat problem. I can't even get my computer to stay on for more than a few minutes. I have another post on here from a while back that is more specific. You can find it at http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread221367.html. I don't know what else to do.

no need to start another post ,you are still getting help in the other one

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.