Does anyone have the firmware for Seagate 36GB ST336704LCV drives to make them Simbios compatible and revert back to factory default from EMC firmware?

EMC firmware drives are usually formatted in 520 sectors and not recognized by Windows/Linux operating systems since they will only read drives formatted into 512 sectors.

That may me your case, and if you are using a Windows operating system, you can download Seagate’s Sea Tools (Enterprise Version) from the Seagate’s Website.

Once installed it will scan the SCSI drives installed in your system and if the ST336704LCV is active you will see it with the Seagate utility even though you can’t see it with disk manager. You can then use the advance tab and the application will allow you to reformat the drive back into 512 sectors, once completed you may need to re-boot and the drive should appear on the disk manager, format and assigned a drive letter.

I believe the Linux operating systems have a similar command to reformat back to 512 sectors, although I am not very familiar with Linux.

Does anyone have the firmware for Seagate 36GB ST336704LCV drives to make them Simbios compatible and revert back to factory default from EMC firmware?

Any Luck with the Firmware? I have 20 of the same drive and need the firmware fix also. Seagate accidently told me that they are EMC drives but would not provide the firmware. Do you know anyone with a retail drive that would call into Seagate to get the firmware for us?

Thanks

Adam

Once installed it will scan the SCSI drives installed in your system and if the ST336704LCV is active you will see it with the Seagate utility even though you can’t see it with disk manager. You can then use the advance tab and the application will allow you to reformat the drive back into 512 sectors, once completed you may need to re-boot and the drive should appear on the disk manager, format and assigned a drive letter.

Shows "in-active" for some reason for me.

Anyone ever have any luck finding the firmware or formatting any of these drives? If so, can you lead me in the right direction?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.