My computer - Windows XP Pro - Athlon 64 3400 - 1GB RAM - Maxtor Serial ATA 80GB - Radeon 9800

The last time i remember using my computer i shut it down properly and all was working well. When i came to turn my computer on again it reached to loading Windows XP and then restarted itself. When it loaded again it appeared with a message telling me that windows was not shut down properly last time and gave the option of - Starting in Normal Mode

-Last Known Settings that worked

- Safe Mode

I chose last known settings that worked and when it tried to load windows again it restarted itself. All I could do was start up in safemode. I was advised to re install windows. So when i started it up in safe mode i loaded up the Windows XP CD-ROM. Windows began to re install itself when it reached to 'Installing Devices' a blue screen appeared for a secound and the computer restarted again. When loading up again, the computer now only tries to install windows using the CD-ROM and reaches the same step of installation, blue screens then restarts.

I can now do nothing. All my computer does is try to install windows and restarts itself.

Please can someone help me!!!! The only thing i can think of is to completely wipe/format the hard drive but i am not able to do this as i cannot load up anything.

IF ANYONE CAN HELP PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE REPLY. THANKS!!!!

P.S I think the blue screen says something about hardware and about changing BIOS but i cannot read it all as it only stays for a secound.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

a blue screen during installation is NOT GOOD. im talking from experience here as i have had it on a machine that i built (still blue screens frequently). there could be many reason for this.

1. bad motherboard
2 bad processor
3 bad memory
4 bad hard disk.

most likely cause is a bad processor. next time pay close attention to what flashes up, allbeit quick. all thats needed is the first bit ie 0x0000007e or 0x7.

post up what u see;)

I would take a look at the ram first most problem like this are cause by the ram going bad. If have another computer that uses the same type of ram swap it seee if the other computers ram make it load. If not checked the power supply make sure you get 12vdc 5vdc. If this doesn't work then look at the CPU hopely not using the stock heatsink that came with the AMD 3400 CPU there are bad temperature on the core are to high with the stock heatsink fan. use a Zalman or coolmaster on the cpu.

If this doesn't work then look at the CPU hopely not using the stock heatsink that came with the AMD 3400 CPU there are bad temperature on the core are to high with the stock heatsink fan. use a Zalman or coolmaster on the cpu.

maybe you've just shed some light on my problem too. i have a machine running a 2GHz AMD Sempron processor and usually after about half an hour that blue screens with a 0x7 error message. is it possible that the heatsink for this might be not as good as it should be and maybe these errors are caused by the heat?:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.