Hi

iv got a SATA 500GB internal HDD in my PC and when ever i start up my PC it will keep changing the storage size thats free.for example when i finish using my PC i have around 10GB left when i restart it the next day or if the PC crashes,the space left will increase to 30GB how can that be?

please help

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Hi

iv got a SATA 500GB internal HDD in my PC and when ever i start up my PC it will keep changing the storage size thats free.for example when i finish using my PC i have around 10GB left when i restart it the next day or if the PC crashes,the space left will increase to 30GB how can that be?

please help

depends on what you are doing when you have it on ,a lot of temp files build up and are deleted on a reboot

well i don't be doing much just just browsing the net.i no about temp files but they cant be that big that after a restart it clears up that much space should it?

i had a HDD in my pc which went dead before i had it replaced with the current one and that didn't use to do this.u get where im coming from? its strange :S

well i don't be doing much just just browsing the net.i no about temp files but they cant be that big that after a restart it clears up that much space should it?

i had a HDD in my pc which went dead before i had it replaced with the current one and that didn't use to do this.u get where im coming from? its strange :S

ok, so what happens if you don't surf the net maybe just check email and open a couple of programs or just leave it sit

i haven't tried that.i will do that tomorrow as im using the PC at the moment doing a lot.i will get back to you on that.

i did that and 400MB space got added onto my HDD.is there no program that i can run that will analysis why my HDD is doing this?

i did that and 400MB space got added onto my HDD.is there no program that i can run that will analysis why my HDD is doing this?

none i know of ,scan for virus maybe or it may be normal ,startup programs that run each time you start computer and loading the desktop ect ect

iv ran a virus scan nothing came up.might be normal if you come across anything that might help please let me no.thnx for your help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.