Well i've got latest drivers ect checked already some time ago..

But now upgrading to athlon 3000+

I only need a graphics card.
Can you tell me What video card gives good performance but for a
good price?
it's PCI-E and motherboard supports SLI (2 videocards in one motherboard)

Stupid question: Do i need to plug in 2 videocards or can I use only one slot as a beginning?

and for the RAM does the acces time make a lot of diffirence?
(its 4 or 5 ns)

btw:What does ns stand for?

tnx

It stands for nanosecond, which is a really weensy tiny bit of time, and what is your budget for the videocard? What is suggested will depend on how much you can realistically afford to pay.

Well i've got latest drivers ect checked already some time ago..

But now upgrading to athlon 3000+

I only need a graphics card.
Can you tell me What video card gives good performance but for a
good price?
it's PCI-E and motherboard supports SLI (2 videocards in one motherboard)

Stupid question: Do i need to plug in 2 videocards or can I use only one slot as a beginning?

and for the RAM does the acces time make a lot of diffirence?
(its 4 or 5 ns)

btw:What does ns stand for?

tnx

Yes you can only use one if you want to. In order to use two the video card have to be SLI and have to be a nividia for the time and have to be a 6600 gt or higher with a SLI bus connector.

the best cheap video card would be the 6600gt anything lower will lag on you and you won't be able to use the SLI feature. Here some Links.
1.http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814164038
2.http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130214
3.http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6949859&type=product&productCategoryId=cat01151&id=1099382222061

The Asus EN6600GT/TD is not bad it will work with SLI, but I noticed it doesn't use DDR3 ram like the EGVA or the Rosewell card does, so with that said it might be a little slower then the others.

Actually there are some noticeable differences between the two.

These specs may differ a little on different brand models

------------- core --------- memory ------ mem. bandwidth ------ Fillrate Mpix.
6600........300mhz.......550mhz..........<11.2...................................2400
6600gt.....500mhz.......1000mhz..........16......................................4000

But dont forget, if you dont have PCIe, dont buy a PCIe card. The 6600 link is a PCIe card.

Yes as i said before i'm going to buy Motherboard with PCI-E
and SLI.

Thanks for checking

Yes as i said before i'm going to buy Motherboard with PCI-E
and SLI.

Thanks for checking

And just in case the specs I gave dont mean nothing to you, the 6600GT would be worth the extra money. The 6600GT is almost twice as good as the 6600.

Well now i know what i should buy but for upgrading: When i want to put in another videocard, should it be the same as that other one or can I buy a diffirend one?

And for The memory Is duel channel good? Because It Makes it possible to acces 2 memory banks at the same time i thought but you need two the same memory modules and my motherboard supports 4 memory modules.

So when i stick in those Modules will it still work as dual channel?
And can i upgrade then? (I mean to 4 Dual channel memory modules)

tnx

Well now i know what i should buy but for upgrading: When i want to put in another videocard, should it be the same as that other one or can I buy a diffirend one?

If you want two video cards setup in SLI, you need your cards to be SLI ready and yes they need to be the same. The exact same actually; same brand same model so if in a year you want to add a second one, you will need to find the exact card so it is not practical. I my opinion, I think SLI has more advantages than anything else as it also doesnt work 100% with all games.

And for The memory Is duel channel good? Because It Makes it possible to acces 2 memory banks at the same time i thought but you need two the same memory modules and my motherboard supports 4 memory modules.

So when i stick in those Modules will it still work as dual channel?
And can i upgrade then? (I mean to 4 Dual channel memory modules)

It is not the memory that is dual channel, it is the setup of the modules that makes it run in dual channel. When two identical modules are in two memory banks of the same color, they work in dual channel. When they say some memory is dual channel, it means it has been tested and guaranteed to work in dual channel. Other modules may also do the trick but might not also.
| ----------- --------------- | slot b / color y
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
| ----------- --------------- | slot d / color y
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
You would need to put two identical modules in slot a and c for dual channel. Add two identical modules that are not necessariyl identical in slot b and d for 4 modules in dual channel.

Note: color of slots may be all identical on some motherboards.

Well i found out myself now but what is DDR 2 actually? and Registered ram?

you can find an answer on DDR2 here. It is basically RAM capable of higher bandwidths with higher speeds.

Check here for info on registered RAM and much more.

Well thanks for the info
But is it a good idea to buy Registered or DDR2 memory?
When will there be actual programs which need that type of memory?

errmmm.

You do NOT use DDR2 or Registered RAM unless that is the type of RAM required by the particular motherboard you have. If you install it in a motherboard which doesn't require it, the RAM will either not work or not fit.

Ah.. well okay

thanks

Well in my current pc i've got a memory chip left ddr 266mhz 256 mb

But im not sure if I should stick it into my new motherboard. As said i have dual channel and i'm not sure if it'll increse or decrese performance.

So what does it do? Increse or decrese performance?

Thanks

Well in my current pc i've got a memory chip left ddr 266mhz 256 mb

But im not sure if I should stick it into my new motherboard. As said i have dual channel and i'm not sure if it'll increse or decrese performance.

So what does it do? Increse or decrese performance?

Thanks

Depended on the motherboard some accept both type of ram having a couple of slot for DDR and a couple of slot for DDR 2 ram My Gigabyte GA-8I915P Duo Pro does using all 3GB DDR 2 TWIN2X1024-4300C3PRO and DDR TWIN2X2048-3200PRO. No problems at all. (BUT WON'T USE PC2100 WILL SLOW DOWN YOUR SYSTEM USE PC3200 FOR DDR AND PC4300 OR HIGHER IF YOU MOTHERBOARD WILL ACCEPTED IT.) And most motherboard don't except both only a few like the pro series from gigabyte ram won't fit in slot.

Depended on the motherboard some accept both type of ram having a couple of slot for DDR and a couple of slot for DDR 2 ram My Gigabyte GA-8I915P Duo Pro does using all 3GB DDR 2 TWIN2X1024-4300C3PRO and DDR TWIN2X2048-3200PRO. No problems at all. (BUT WON'T USE PC2100 WILL SLOW DOWN YOUR SYSTEM USE PC3200 FOR DDR AND PC4300 OR HIGHER IF YOU MOTHERBOARD WILL ACCEPTED IT.) And most motherboard don't except both only a few like the pro series from gigabyte ram won't fit in slot.

The Motherboard only select DDR2 RAM automaticly not both, I take that back when I SAW 1GB being detected and restarted and said dual channel enable.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.