Ive had these drives for about 2 - 3 years now. THe Cd drive is a sony Cd burner. And the Dvd drive is a panasonic. Both have worked jsut fine until recently but now they only read the first cd i put into them. Any time i insert a new cd it they refuse to read and continue to show the information from the original cd when i try to open.
I am running windows XP pro and i havent installed any major new software sbefore this problem started. Any help would be much appreciated

I need a little more info. If you close the cd's window when the new cd is in, it still shows info for the other cd? If you, say, try to open a song on the cd that isn't in the drive anymore, does it give you an error?

I need a little more info. If you close the cd's window when the new cd is in, it still shows info for the other cd? If you, say, try to open a song on the cd that isn't in the drive anymore, does it give you an error?

alright i insert original disc. its a disc full of mp3s. i open look around. then back out to drive select screen. i eject cd and insert a new cd also a music cd. I again open the drive but it still shows info for the original cd. When i click and try to open a file it tells me it cannot find the disc sector requested. (using windows media player 10 to try and open the file)

in oreder to get teh drive to read the new CD i have to eject the original disc. and try to read browse the cd drive without any cd in it. THen and only then will it allow me to insert a new cd and actually acces it without the originals data still showing

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.