I have a Dell Inspirion 5000e that for some reason just turns off whenever it feels like it... It is still connected to the AC and the battery is still in good shape (or so the computer tells me) when this happens so im not sure if there is a loose connection or what. This is all i really can say b/c its so random with its turning off. It is like when you pull the AC and the battery out at the same time, just loses power.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Have you checked your "power options" in the control panel? Maybe somehow your power is set to shut down when you are inactive for a period of time.

yea, already checked that... everything was fine in that area. i was wondering though if there were some known internal problems with these computers.

Yeah..it was an obvious solution but never hurts to ask. I have this same unit and haven't run across this problem. Have you contacted tech support at Dell. I know calling is frustrating but they are pretty good about getting defective parts replaced.

I have a Dell Inspirion 5000e that for some reason just turns off whenever it feels like it... It is still connected to the AC and the battery is still in good shape (or so the computer tells me) when this happens so im not sure if there is a loose connection or what. This is all i really can say b/c its so random with its turning off. It is like when you pull the AC and the battery out at the same time, just loses power.

Check the cable between the power supply and connector to the laptop. It is possible that you have a broken wire and the break will most likely be at the point where the wire passes through the weight/strain relief. I just discovered this problem with my power supply.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.