Member Avatar for ingeborgdot@yah

I needed to update my firmware to my dvd rw because of issues that were said to be causing problems with my computer. There was a firmware for a benq 1620 which is what my model was so I thought. I installed and now it screwed everthing up. My computer won't restart but just keeps cycling even in safe mode. I got into the bios and disabled the dvd rw. I now find out it is a benq 1620 pro which wasn't listed. What can I do??????

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Disconnect the drive and buy a new one?

You might want to try contacting the manufacturer of the drive-- it sounds like you hosed it with the firmware update. They may have a service where you can send it in and have them reflash it. Otherwise, I suggest you hit up NewEgg for a new drive, and lament the fact your firmware update just ate your old drive.

Member Avatar for ingeborgdot@yah

I did contact benq and a tech sent me a new firmware update in the email. THe one on the site was old he said. HE didn't know why it was there? It now works.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.