Hi all... I have a build I did (TOTAL noob first timer), and am having all problems including multiple BSOD, internittant freezing, and screen flickering. I am sure that my problems with the build are related to settings rather than hardware issues, since I haven't any clue what settings/BIOS are appropriate. I have messed with everything over and over, including memory settings (BIOS) and running the memtests...Obviously I troll boards looking for the magic answer, and get a lot of conflicting information.

Anyway- I followed the advice I found with the problems I have, and used Sensorview to monitor my system. The temps are all fine, and always seem to be. Under voltages, the VcoreA is 1.39, +3.3 is 3.39, BUT THE +12 V IS ONLY RUNNING BETWEEN 3.31-4.4 volts!!

Am I crazy or reading this wrong? I have read that anything under 11.4 was bad. I hope I am misreading this, but I am now close to convinced that my system is messed up cuz of the PSU. Everyone I have asked advised me this PSU might be a problem for the system, but all reviews and info on this PSU lead me to believe there shouldnt be any problem.

Here is my build, and thanks for ANY help:

Power Supply: Rosewill Green Series RG630-S12 630W Continuous @40°C,80 PLUS Certified, Single 12V Rail, Active PFC "Compatible with Core i7,i5" Power Supply 80 Plus Single 12V Power Supply

Motherboard: ASRock M3A770DE AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard, AMD 770, AOD ACC support, 4x DDR3 1600, EuP Ready

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz

Video Card: MSI R5850-PM2D1G OC Radeon HD

Memory: A-DATA Gaming Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

Primary Hard Drive: 150GB SATA *10,000 Rpm* 16MB Cache Drive

Secondary Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Green WD6400AADS 640GB 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s

Thanks again for any help!!!

I would pull the power cord, remove and the battery. Press the power button for a second or two. Then wait a full 10 mins. put the battery back in and the power cord. and boot. If you get to windows. Check the display settings first. Make sure that you dont have the Hertz settings, make sure its set to whats recomended for your monitor. (useually 60htz) but depending on how new your monitor is could be anything.

Video,primary memory secondary memory,mother board,primary hard drive,secondary hard drive information all about these information is valuable.
Thank you

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.