I have a PowerPC Dual 2.0Ghz Mac, every time I boot it up the fans kick in the hard drives spin up, but no signal, no red lights on, and no Power light either, it will light up if the power button is pressed but nothing after that. The red light will turn on if I open up the side of the case and take the plastic cover out as normal. Is the no power light mean that the processors are bad or the main-board. I have removed them both and placed them back in to make sure they were seated, nothing, swapped memory, hard drives, video card still nothing. Help Please.

Just curious - do you have a usb hub connected to the mac? When I rebooted with the hub and several peripherals attached through the hub the computer wouldn't start. Once I disconnected the hub the computer booted up no problem. I just had to reconnect the hub after startup.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.