Member Avatar for ingeborgdot@yah

I am building a new computer and it only has pcie. I have the vid card set but now will need a good capture device for video. I do video editing and capture from vcr. I guess I would like it to be a tv tuner also just for the added fun. I have satellite and not cable but there must be something out there that is good with todays technology. What would you suggest?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Someone on another board keeps saying the aiw is a better scenario. If I read it right the aiw has more memory at 256 but the leadtek is almost twice as fast. Am I right with that or not??

There must not be many people on this forum. I answer all my own questions. I am going to go with the 6600gt tdh as gc with canopus advc50 as the capture device but I don't know about just a tv tuner yet. Any suggestions.

I don't need a tv tuner. I don't know what I was thinking. All I need is a vivo graphics card. My satellite doesnt need a tuner anyway. I wonder if it needs any 3rd party software like beyond tv or the likes? Anyone care to take the challenge?

I chose USB 2.0 and backward compatibility for 1.0, but hope to maybe add a tuner card with Firewire as I'd love to handle HDTV on my PC and record on the HDD, etc.
-Bill

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.