I have noticed the gamma or brightness of my monitor extremely low for some reason for a considerable period of time . I have played video cd's in windows media player and although I can see , it's dark . When I see a picture , it's dark . But when I take that picture in paint shop and manually increase the gamma , the picture is allright . I tried to increase the brightness of my monitor by using the buttons ( samsung 14 inch syncmaster 450b) with no luck . From where can I change that setting ?

I have noticed the gamma or brightness of my monitor extremely low for some reason for a considerable period of time . I have played video cd's in windows media player and although I can see , it's dark . When I see a picture , it's dark . But when I take that picture in paint shop and manually increase the gamma , the picture is allright . I tried to increase the brightness of my monitor by using the buttons (Samsung 14 inch syncmaster 450b) with no luck . From where can I change that setting ?

Newer video cards have this function as part of the drivers. You can access this function by going to the Display menu. This can be done by either accessing the desktop right-click menu Properties->Settings->Advanced or by means of the Control Panel Display icon in the same fashion.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.