I have a Dell Studio 1555 laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium and a Dell BH200 bluetooth headset. I had been using the headset with my laptop for the past 18 months without any trouble but since the past week or so, I am having troubles connecting it to my laptop. I am able to pair it with my laptop but every time I try connecting it, the system crashes and the blue screen appears with the error "IQRS_NOT_EQUAL". I have already tried uninstalling-reinstalling the bluetooth software and updating all the drivers on my system with the Driver Scanner software but the problem persists.
Surprisingly enough, I am able to connect the headset with my phone and other laptops. Also, my laptop is getting paired and connected to other devices like my phone and bluetooth mouse. I don't know what's wrong but it keeps saying that there is no driver installed for a bluetooth peripheral device (I don't know which one). I have also tried removing and adding all bluetooth devices paired to my system.
I am new to this forum and am really in need of some help from some of the pros around, please advise.

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

You should have a look at the dell website to see if they have a driver update for your bluetooth!

I have already downloaded all driver updates available on the Dell website for my laptop.

Well that's information you didn't give in your first post. You said that you used "Driver Scanner software".

Sorry about that, I missed mentioning that. Actually, I tried downloading the drivers from the Dell website first and after it didn't work, I tried the software.
Can you please suggest seomthing that may resolve the problem?
My laptop has a slot load optical drive (I am sure you must have heard of their longevity) and it's useless even though I got it replaced once. Due to this, I could not use the drivers disk that I got with my laptop. I don't think I would be able to even format my system, if I have to (seeing that no solution to this problem is seeming in sight), since my optical drive doesn't work.

Here is the log file:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50.1.1100
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 5417

Windows 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18999

30-12-2010 01:51:01
mbam-log-2010-12-30 (01-51-01).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\|D:\|F:\|)
Objects scanned: 309608
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 55 minute(s), 58 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 1
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\ (Hijack.Zones) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

Please let me know of any thing that you think would solve the problem.

As I suspected, your computer had an infection. Try your headset again and see if there is any difference!

My headset's working fine now, can't thank you enough! Thank you so much.

No problem at all, glad I could help! :)

Some 2133 models without the Bluetooth module. Are you sure your model is made with the Bluetooth module is installed.

Bluetooth and wireless LAN module are both controlled by the switch on the front right side of the Mini-Note. If the WiFi and BT are off, the LED is orange. If the WiFi and BT is on, the light is blue.

There is no such switch in my model, my bluetooth is active by default unless I deactivate it. And I'm sure the Bluetooth module is definitely installed on my model.
I'm facing the exact same problem again, don't know what's wrong now! Please help!

Guys, someone please help, it's the same problem all over again, don't know what's wrong now!
I need your help please.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.