hello can you help me how can i slave my one hard disk drive please help me...hoping for your positive responds...thank you in advance...

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Member Avatar for nileshgr

You will need to change the jumper settings on the hard drive physically, this is not a thing to do using softwares, etc. :D
Just open your box and remove your hard disk, you will find a sticker on it showing how to master/slave/cable select it.

You will need to change the jumper settings on the hard drive physically, this is not a thing to do using softwares, etc. :D
Just open your box and remove your hard disk, you will find a sticker on it showing how to master/slave/cable select it.

hello sir thank you for the reply,sir i am confuse i have my primary hdd 160GB and i have another new hdd 250gb this 250gb i want to make this slave..correct me if i am wrong,so this 250gb i will make this master slave and i will change the jumper setting?please help me sir hoping for your positive responds...

set your 160Gb as your master then 250Gb as Slave. as per itech7 advice, change your configuration by your HDD jumper setting.
BtW, is your HDD IDE or sata?

set your 160Gb as your master then 250Gb as Slave. as per itech7 advice, change your configuration by your HDD jumper setting.
BtW, is your HDD IDE or sata?

hello sir thank you for the reply..my hdd sir is sata..sir after that do i need to configure to the BIOS in order to detect this 250gb slave?hoping for your positive responds

Can i use my hardisk drive to other computer...

Why do you want to slave your hard drive.
Is it for pc or laptop.

There is a link that shows you how to slave a hard drive in a pc without damaging anything, i am not very good at this type of forum, but i am always willing to lend a helping hand. Hopes it can answer your problem

Here is the link:
http://www.dtidata.com/resourcecenter/2007/04/23/how-to-slave-hard-drive/

@jemz,

Master/Slave terminology is in references to old IDE/PATA drives/cables. SATA only allows for one device per cable, so there is no need for anything like master/slave. So, you just plugin the SATA cable the device along with power, and you're done. If you have two SATA HDs, then you'll have two cables.

Oh and if you SATA drive has two power connection an old 4 pin and a L shaped sata DO NOT PLUG POWER INTO BOTH!!! You will destroy the drive.

FYI, my motherboard requires my OS/Bootable drive to be connected to SATA 1. If you have the drive connected and you do not see it within my computer you may need to initialize and format the drive first via disk management. If you need help with this part let me know.

@Marquee,

Welcome and yes you can. you might want to start a new thread with more details about what you are trying or would like to do. FYI, Most people will not reply to a hijacked thread.

Yup, i agreed with zelkea, please start a new thread so that people can answered your queries.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.