When I insert a movie dvd into the drive, it makes a funny sound when it spins up. I can then watch this dvd, but when I remove the disk from the drive the dvd drive does not return to 'dvd ram drive", but keep the inserted disk name. When I try to watch another DVD, double clicking the drive opens the new disk continents but I cant watch the DVD.This happens with game disk as well. The drive can read the data, but after you remove the disk the drive name does not change. When I plug the drive into another SATA socket. It solves the problem for a while, then it makes the funny noise again and the cycle repeats.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Do you have any software installed like DaemonTools, Alcohol 120, or any Direct2Disc software like Roxio or Sonic? Try uninstalling that. If that doesn't work, you may very well have a bad drive...

No I do not have any of those tools. I thought it was the drive, so I got a new one. Did exactly the same.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.