I recently updated the BIOS on my computer and everything was working fine but when I came to run a CD/DVD that had run fine before I had updated the BIOS it came up with an error message, "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000006). Click OK to terminate the application.". Then I went into My Computer and right-clicked on the DVD drive and explored the CD. All of the files were there but they all came up with a icon that looked like a window onto of a piece of paper. The programs can be run if you select the correct program from the "open with" list. Also whenever I click on C:\ drive it comes up with the search window.

Does anybody know what to do?

Thanks in advance,

Fox Kueh

foxkueh,

Right click on one of the files, select Properties. In the first section of the General tab, you'll see a button that says Change. Press that button and select the correct program. You should only have to do this one time.

J_

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.