I have installed a Logitech sphere/orbit. I used the updated drivers from Logitech's website for installation. Camera works fine. Microphone does not work. In device manager, shows as having no drivers associated. So I have tried to install, reinstall, etc drivers. After computer restart, the device (Logitech Microphone ptz) shows again as having no drivers associated.

I have also seen messages in the prop page of device manager stating that the device is not configured correctly and that I need to install drivers.

There is obviously a conflict of some description. I have tried many solutions, from disconnecting other usb devices to removing drivers for one-touch buttons on my laptop keyboard (I read this might solve the problem - it didn't)

Anyone out there had a similar problem, or know how to solve.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Try right-clicking the device in the Device Manager and selecting Install Driver. Let Windows try to find the driver on its own.

Try right-clicking the device in the Device Manager and selecting Install Driver. Let Windows try to find the driver on its own.

All ready done that, many times in fact. Still no go.

After looking at the Logitech site and their support area and seeing that there wasn't any helpful information for this situation, I would suggest contacting Logitech support directly and getting suggestions from them.

Yep, done that too. I have read that other people have contacted Logitech about this and other cameras and been told to naff off and buy any company's webcam instead. I have an external mic that works, but that isn't the point.

I really don't know what to tell you. It's a real bummer that you couldn't get it to work. One thing that might give you some ideas is hooking it up to a different machine and seeing if the same problem happens.

yer actually i have the exact same problem. Although I tired it on my other computer and it worked fine. Any thoughts??
Thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.