My monitor is fuzzy i can see letters but the pictures are fuzzy i cant view the pictures....its not in safe mode i cant figure out whats wrong

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Has this just occurred, or has this particular PC always done this?

If it's a recent occurrence, what have you recently changed on the PC -software? hardware?, settings? .........

Do you have another monitor that you could connect to your pc? it could be a problem with one of the pins in the monitor plug.

It could be the monitor itself, or as DaveSW said, try checking the cable that connects your monitor to the VGA card, maybe one of the pins are mis-aligned. try DaveSW's solution and put on a different working monitor. Give us a feedback on what happens to your problem...

It could be the monitor itself, or as DaveSW said, try checking the cable that connects your monitor to the VGA card, maybe one of the pins are mis-aligned. try DaveSW's solution and put on a different working monitor. Give us a feedback on what happens to your problem...

I changed monitors i had a samsung then i put my sony multiscan100sx on the pc .but nuthing happend it is still fuzzy :( nbut when i go to my display to change the color pixels or u know 16bit whatever ........mine says i can only change it 2 ways (it says 16 colors or 2colours ) no 256 or 32bit or 16 bit .....i am not sure how i get higher color or bits could soneone help me thanks

Reinstall your video card drivers !

Install both your motherboard chipset drivers AND your display drivers!

VGA card drivers...

My monitor is fuzzy i can see letters but the pictures are fuzzy i cant view the pictures....its not in safe mode i cant figure out whats wrong

Seriously I red a million forums of these techies and tryed all the stuf then i figured I would clean out the dust in my puter ....well what do you know how gay is that ?

Step 1 open computer and clean it out

Step 2 listen to a tech

Step 3. Get a life.

commented: Step 4 - award rep+++++ +19
Member Avatar for spikeymikey0196

yeah i have the same problem with my computer and idk if the pins are damaged or what as they look fine to me, also this happened after i decided to remove all the dust of my computer... i removed all the components properly (my two terrabyte memory storages,my ram then my Nvidia GeForce 8400GS (i know it's old)) i cleaned all the dust out of the fan etc then i put all the components back in.... ever since i had done that my computer screen has been fuzzy/pixelly and not very smooth looking.
Any ideas or suggestions would be great, thanks :3
(i have removed the graphics card a few times to clean it and also i've ran many diagnostics and programs to help see what the problem is).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.