Hi,

My pc keeps crashing and im not sure whether its a RAM problem or a virus prob. Im running AMD Athlon XP2500 1.84 GHz and 512mb RAM. Im a multimedia student and my computer constantly crashes when im tyring to do my work. Especially when im using adobe products like premiere pro 1.5, after affects 6.5, photoshop etc. But it also crashes when im doing a virus scan with nortons or sometimes even when im just browsing the net and talking on msn. It sometimes crashes even when im not on the computer and ill come back to it and its off. :evil: When it crashes the screen just goes blank and the pc makes a loud beeping sound.if any one could reply with some suggestions to fix the problem it would be much appeciated as i keep loosing all my work :sad: :cry: thanks guys...

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

check yur wires, try reinstallin windows?.. update windows???.. get spysweeper

sometimes running too many windows and too many programs at the same time can cause a pc to crash. try running less programs or upgrading your memory to cope with it.

Hi,

My pc keeps crashing and im not sure whether its a RAM problem or a virus prob. Im running AMD Athlon XP2500 1.84 GHz and 512mb RAM. Im a multimedia student and my computer constantly crashes when im tyring to do my work. Especially when im using adobe products like premiere pro 1.5, after affects 6.5, photoshop etc. But it also crashes when im doing a virus scan with nortons or sometimes even when im just browsing the net and talking on msn. It sometimes crashes even when im not on the computer and ill come back to it and its off. :evil: When it crashes the screen just goes blank and the pc makes a loud beeping sound.if any one could reply with some suggestions to fix the problem it would be much appeciated as i keep loosing all my work :sad: :cry: thanks guys...

Well this is a trikey.Try to save all your files wich you need.Then deleate every pice of software thats makes your commputer crash.When your done re-install every item wich you deleated.If you still have a problem call up your computer priveder and ask for help.One last idia re-install the computer but save all files.But it takes up to 2 hours.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.