Hello!

I have Dell Latitude Csx (3 years old). The problem is , that USB port stops responding ,especially , when i am using pen drives . The pen drive ends up corrupting its data and i have to reformat it every time this happens :sad: . Same with my USB external CD writer. When ever i start out to burn cds , after some time, port stops responding and, hence,burn fails.

Please help.

prakharprakash,

Try the USB troubleshooter. Right click my computer and select manage, locate the USB device list, right click and select properties. And/or Try Dell's Diagnostic Utilities: Dell 32 Bit Diagnostics. Download from the Dell support website.

J_

Edit: Actually, I have a better idea you should try first. Let's replace your current system files with original copies to ensure none are corrupt. Locate your Dell CD that has the Windows OS on it, and insert that into your CD-ROM drive. Open the Windows command prompt and type: sfc /scannow.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.