Can someone tell me how to hook up my computer to my receiver so that I can play music through the receiver. Specifically I want to know if there is a wireless way to do this. I know that I could just run an optical with a mini plug on one end but my computer is in another room so I'm trying to do this with wireless. A friend of mine said that it is possible but I'm not sure how.
Thanks,
Greg

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Member Avatar for TKSS

Can someone tell me how to hook up my computer to my receiver so that I can play music through the receiver. Specifically I want to know if there is a wireless way to do this. I know that I could just run an optical with a mini plug on one end but my computer is in another room so I'm trying to do this with wireless. A friend of mine said that it is possible but I'm not sure how.
Thanks,
Greg

Give sound card specifications, operating system installed, receiver specifications, as well as what you have hooked up to each. Then we'll be able to get to work ;p

There are a number of wireless solutions, of varying quality and price. USRobotics, for example made a decent one that was widely available on closeout for as little as $30, but there are many others. These adapters have a pass-through so you still have local speakers, as well.

Tha audio output jack on a PC is usually (though not always) color-coded green. The symbol next to it is sometimes a pair of headphones, more often a symbol something like this: (((->))) with a dot in the middle and an outward-pointing arrow, indicating an output.

Do you have any other suggestions for brands TallCool?? I checked for the US Robotics one and I haven't been able to find it from a retailer for less than $80. Saw it on ebay for $50 with shipping but that is it.
Thanks.

Do you have any other suggestions for brands TallCool?? I checked for the US Robotics one and I haven't been able to find it from a retailer for less than $80. Saw it on ebay for $50 with shipping but that is it.
Thanks.

"u found the pussy but rather than being grateful you're asking for a hairy one" a famous turkish quote, keep it in mind

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.