I have a computer that will boot up. But when it's supposed to go to Windows (i.e. the begining where you have to log on) it will not show up on the screen. It will show the boot stuff, but after that, NADA

I have already tested this on 2 different monitors and no success.

Ideas?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

tried safe mode? you may need to reinstall your graphics drivers. What OS are you running? For XP, hold the <F8> key at startup. If that doesn't work, try the <CTRL> key, as it works in earlier versions of Windows.

Just go into Device manager once you're there, and then delete any Display Adapters that are there. Then, just reinstall your video drivers, and see if that doesn't help.

I have a computer that will boot up. But when it's supposed to go to Windows (i.e. the begining where you have to log on) it will not show up on the screen. It will show the boot stuff, but after that, NADA

I have already tested this on 2 different monitors and no success.

It may simply be that the default resolution that Windows is currently set to is not supported by either monitor you tried. Before you go mucking about with the drivers, go into Safe mode, open the Desktop menu, go to the Properties window, click on the Settings tab, and set the video resolution slider to 640 x 480 or 800 x 600. Click on OK to exit, then reboot. Check on the Internet to see what your monitors support, or look under Control Panel -> Monitors to see if they are listed.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.