My CD-RW plays but won't burn. My computer is not detecting my CD-RW, but it detects the CD-Rom.

When I go to burn a cd it just says No Device Detected. What could be wrong?

Ps. I have an NEC -7900a CD-RW Drive

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

My CD-RW plays but won't burn. My computer is not detecting my CD-RW, but it detects the CD-Rom.

Ps. I have an NEC -7900a CD-RW Drive

It could be the version of burning software that u are using doesen reconize you burner ,what software are u using .name and version

Does it detect the NEC drive at all? What does the Device Manager say? If the drive is new, please make sure that your Master/Slave Jumpers* are set correctly. If both are set to master, it will ignore the second drive in the chain.

*This answer not approved by Los Angeles County :lol:

My CD-R plays but won't burn,My computer is not detecting my CD-RW, but it detects the CD-Rom

You are confusing us with you you info ,do you have 2 different cd drive or just 1 ,cd-rw ,cd-rom combo ,that is what they are and i have had a few that stoped burning.but sill were good enough to use to load programs even win98 .

You are confusing us with you you info ,do you have 2 different cd drive or just 1 ,cd-rw ,cd-rom combo ,that is what they are and i have had a few that stoped burning.but sill were good enough to use to load programs even win98 .

Yes I have 2 CD Drives 1 DVD, 1 CD-RW... My DVD Player works fine. But my CD-RW stop burning CD's, it still plays cd, but it won't burn to the CDs anymore. What could be wrong?

Yes I have 2 CD Drives 1 DVD, 1 CD-RW... My DVD Player works fine. But my CD-RW stop burning CD's, it still plays cd, but it won't burn to the CDs anymore. What could be wrong?

What burning software are you using? Did it work and stop, or has it never worked? You can download a trial version of Nero Burning ROM and give that a try. If you already have a version of Nero, try updating it.

I once used an old yamaha CD-RW drive with Nero Burning ROM. It wont detect the CD-RW Drive. It only works on Adaptec's EZ cd creator. maybe you're having the same problem that i had years ago.

I once used an old yamaha CD-RW drive with Nero Burning ROM. It wont detect the CD-RW Drive. It only works on Adaptec's EZ cd creator. maybe you're having the same problem that i had years ago.

I'm sure that was because that particuular copy of Nero was an OEM version keyed to a CD drive other than your Yamaha. It's a form of copy protection. The demo version does not have that limitation. since it's time-limited.

Sony Dvd Rw Dru-820a

My CD-RW plays but won't burn. What could be wrong?? Help Please?

my cd burner wont burn. I have the one unit burner and dvd all in one.. it will play cds and dvds but just stopped burning one day. when i put in a cd to burn it will say burning and run for several min. then says unable to burn.. what could the problem be.. i have only tried to burn off of itunes.. and currently im having an issue with ituen not recognizing my ipod.. could it all be related.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.