Sebastian_Toshi 0 Newbie Poster

Hi all.

I've been experiencing some boot up problems with my Toshiba S1410. I read some posts dealing with other Toshiba models but I can understand the nature of the problem shold be the same: a power problem.

This is what happened to the laptop.

On Saturday, I tried to use it, but when it was off, the AC led was amber blinking. I thought I had wrongly shut down Win, but when I could see the laptpot didn't power up with the battery fuel I recognized some hw problems should have happened.

First, I tried to power it up attaching the power cord (and the battery inside), but I didn't if the battery was in the bay. So, I put the battery away and attached the AC cord. It was fine. So, I turned it off again (via the Windows shut down), put the battery back and tried to power it up again (only the battery). As it didn't, I thought a shortcut or similar should be with the battery.
So, I definetly put the battery away and used it only with the AC power supplier.

I used it this way all the weekend, without using the battery inside.

This morning I tried to see if it powered up reguralry, with both the battery and the AC cord. As it didn't again :cool: , I put the battery off and .. so, what I did yesterday.

But after a slight movement, simply to put it a bit far away from me on my desktop, it turned off sounding a "puff"..

Trying to turn again it on, it worked... (without the battery) ..
3 hours later it shutted down and now it only stays on a bit of seconds.
Then it immediatly switchs off, with the "puff" sound out of the speakers.

The led behaviour is like the other posts.

It blinks amber immediatly after it has switched off if both the battery and the AC cord are attached. If I put the battery away, sit it for a few seconds, then the AC cord only, it works. Now only for a couple of seconds, then it immediatly switchs off.

Sometimes, using only the battery, the led has been correclty green and it has powered up. But it shouts off anayway.

So, is there a severe hw problem with the power bus or may be simply the CPU or the fan plag have moved?

Do I need a repairer?

Thak U

Sebastiano

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.