i have no idea if my comp is affected by virus, but something is terribly wrong about it. its sometimes okay and sometimes messed up. :sad:

well the problem is it will suddenly turn off, start again, show the HP screen and go to a black screen with a cursor blinking in the top. i can't write and it won't start till i turn it off manually and take the ram (sometimes also the data card of the HD) and put it back and turn on the pc. I already reinstalled XP because when it happened first it justs turns on and goes to blue screen with the HP logo, black screen (turns off), blue screen with the HP logo, and so on. i have McAfee virus scanner ver 9 and McAfee firewall older ver (i think 7). unfortunately the firewall was put on fully allow and i think a virus or something got in ( i'm not sure ) i scanned the comp 2 times after reinstalling XP but it can't detect anything. i did check out the thing that gets messed up (pressing F1). i found my orginal hardisk name has been altered from Maxtor 6E040L0 to Iaxtkr 6A000H0, my space also been altered from 40960 Mb to 7926 Mb. i also did disk fragments and checked disks for errors.well i explained everything...

Computer Info
Operating System : Widows XP SP2 (not licensed)
Processor : Intel Celeron 800 MHz
Ram : 256 Mb
BIOS : Ver 1.00PARTTBLhYe
Direct X 9.0c
Video : 1 Mb (Built-in)
:!: In direct X diagnostic tool under the Display, it says :
Name: Intel(R) 82810 Graphics Controller (Microsoft
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip Type: Intel(R) 82810
DAC Type: Internal
Approx. Total Memory: 32.0 MB

THE PAST
i bought the computer from USA and then it had Windows Me (licensed), but now its XP. It also gave some problem so when i came to Bangladesh (to give O Level), it crashed so i installed XP S2 (costs only about 75 cents :cheesy: ) but now again there is a problem.

Pleaaasssseeee someone help me, this computer is all i got...

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I would suggest trying to make a copy of your most valuable files (ie. windows XP and your essentials) then formatting your drive. There's too much detail in your problem to possibly share over a forum so you're going to have to get personal help, or get in contact with someone who's really talented. Sorry man.

Hi there,

You get what you pay for. Don't pirate. Windows shouldn't cost 75 cents. You should legally consider reformatting and installing the original OS that came with the system.

Not only is piracy illegal, but it's against forum policy to assist with a pirated OS. Further, who knows where that copy came from? Someone could have modified it to mess with your data.

If someone's dishonest enough to pirate software, what makes you think they're not dishonest enough to use your machine as a spam zombie, or worse?

Thread closed due to discussion of piracy.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.