How do I format my hard drive? All my important files and documents are backed-up on my external HD. I need to reformat my C Hard drive, but cant figure out how. I have the restore disks I received when I purchased my computer, but am lost. Any help is much appreciated, thanks, Robert!

Recommended Answers

you should have receive usage instructions with the recovery CDs as well. try to look for a pdf file on those cds

Jump to Post

you need to get your video drivers.

Jump to Post

All 6 Replies

you should have receive usage instructions with the recovery CDs as well. try to look for a pdf file on those cds

Ok so I installed Windows XP Pro, I previously had Home version. However, now I can only get my monitor settings on the lowest 4-bit settings. What happened? I have tried all the windows help and troubleshooting guides, but all to no avail. Some of my software I cannot install because of this low setting. Any help is appreciated, thanks, Robert

how do I do that exactly?

download the drivers from the manufacturer's website, install them, reboot

In my experience the easiest and ( free ) way that i use is called KILLDISK and can be download for free, it's not that hard to use. Give it a try! Good luck......

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, learning, and sharing knowledge.