Our laptop was working fine, then my 2 year old daughter stood on the case. After that it wouldn't power up at all. When you plugged in the AC adapter a light would flicker on and right back off, if you blinked you missed it. After doing online research and calling Dell, I figured it was the mobo. I ordered a new one, installed it, plugged in the A/C adapter, and hallellujah, the light didn't flicker of. I push the power button, all the lights come on as normal, but that's it. Just lights. No fan, no clicky clicky sounds, no cd spinny noise. Nothing, lights for about three seconds, then nothing. I've taken it aprt, ensured everything was hooked up correctly and firmly...several times. Same result. Suggestions?

PS- if I can't get the sucker up and running, what's the best way to transfer the contents of its HD to me XPS Desktop?

A little help?

remove the hdd and plug it to your xps just try to use the tray for xps write the files into cd.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.