how to create a new partition of hard disk?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

The later versions of windows have a partition manager program in them but my advice would be to look at some of the partition manager programs on the market. try googling 'partitiomanager' or similiar.
M

The later versions of windows have a partition manager program in them but my advice would be to look at some of the partition manager programs on the market. try googling 'partitiomanager' or similiar.
M

You could use GParted. You wil get tutorials on how to use it online

how to create a new partition of hard disk?

If you are using windows 7 (maybe Vista, not sure), just run 'Disk Management'. Using that tool, already installed on every Windows 7-machine (you can also acces it using 'Computer Management' if I'm not mistaking), you can very easily monitor your partitions, create and delete new partitions etc. You can also create spanned and striped volumes, as well as configure RAID0 discs. Plenty of options for your purposes I think :)

Kind regards,

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.