A young kid came to my garage (house) where I have all kinds of computer things, he respectfully ask me to help him fix his computer, I know he doesnt have money to repair the Laptop and it is a nice Laptop, when I checked it out my eyes popped out to see if I could get the equipmet but Im not that way. Im honestly trying to repair the kids equipment, so I started taking screws from here from there, and from everywhere, right now the computer is completelly dissembled and I checked as much as I could to see if the LCD Panel had a fault visible but nothing appears to be obvious, the machine throws image when I connect it to a monitor but the LCD remains black, I noticed there is a circuit board on the bottom of the screen (which may be damaged) and I noticed that behind the LCD panel there is also a circuit board. Any good suggestions, I dont have the money to go and get another LCD panel to see if it works. Any tricks? Any gurus out there? Thanks a lot. Carlos Amaya Aguirre.

Recommended Answers

The circuit at the bottom of the screen is the backlight inverter. It is most likely that that is at fault.
The backlight inverter will have a surface mount fuse on it, it's most likely that that has failed. You can test it's continuity with a digital volt meter. DO …

Jump to Post

All 3 Replies

The circuit at the bottom of the screen is the backlight inverter. It is most likely that that is at fault.
The backlight inverter will have a surface mount fuse on it, it's most likely that that has failed. You can test it's continuity with a digital volt meter. DO NOT use the volt meter on the inverter while it's powered or you will get a really nasty shock.
A surface mount fuse can usually be replaced for just a few pence provided you can solder!

I will upload an image of the backlight inverter, but first I will try to locate the fuse that you tell me about, if im unable to find the fuse I will ask you for help again, you have been great help and the kid will surely will be real happy. Im in Mexico city, and I studied Associate Degree in Computer Science in WA, St. USA, I want to make many friends from the USA because I love people from overthere. Thanks again RIK.

In order to indentify the fuse it will need to be a very clear picture!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.20 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.