Please help! My computer starts up gets to the window that says windows xp. Then nothing. I have a password , but it wont even go to that screen. I have even tried to start in safe mode. It will not let me. I have tried to go to the Recovery Console but it , then it asks for the adminastrators password. When i type it in , It says password is incorrect. I do not have any disks , Is there anything else I can do ?

Can anyone help me ?

You may need to break down and get an OS. Reload!

You may need to break down and get an OS. Reload!

What is an OS Reload ?

I'm sorry. OS means Opreating System. Windows XP is your current OS. You may have to format your hard drive and reload your operating system. You neeed the discs.

I dont think that a disk will work. I placed a disk into the computer. It will not do anything. It will not even go into safe mode. Hangs up on the same welcome window. Is there another way that i can get it to reload. Maybe using dos commands or something. I do not know alot about these tech issues. But, If i have step by step instructions, I can usually do it. Thanks again

What disc do you have? You shouldn't get to the windows welcome screen.
Your computer should boot directly into your disc.

Bless you dear! I dont think your understanding. The disk that i tried was just a disk I put into the cd rom to see if it would even actknowledge that there was a disk.. I think that it may be in my hard drive. It seems to just stop working when it reaches the welcome to windows. If i try to boot in safemode it does the same thing when it gets to that same screen. Thanks for taking the time to reply. I do not know if it is something i can fix , or if i will have to take it into the shop ... ugggg

You are right. it probably is in your hard drive. However your hard drive probably isn't bad!
Your operating system, which is the software that runs your computer may be corrupt, is loaded on your hard drive. You may have to clear everything off your hard drive (FORMAT).
Then reload your operating system from the proper operating system disc.
If you don't have the OS and have never done this it may be best to take to a shop.
You should always have an operating system on hand for just such an occasion.

Please help! My computer starts up gets to the window that says windows xp. Then nothing. I have a password , but it wont even go to that screen. I have even tried to start in safe mode. It will not let me. I have tried to go to the Recovery Console but it , then it asks for the adminastrators password. When i type it in , It says password is incorrect. I do not have any disks , Is there anything else I can do ?

I have This Sammmeee Problem
Think.

My Computer Turns On, But Wont
Start Without A Password.
I Dont Know That PassWord.

HELP. :[

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.