OK

I have a 64 bit AMD system (Windows) and it has been working great for about a year and then I plugged in my MP3 player into a front USB port - computer found the hardware and then immediately shut down - as if the entire system lost power. After many attempts to turn it on, no luck - I finally purchased a new power supply unit (matching specs of course). And now that has not solved my problem...

Does anything like this sound familiar........? Weird computer went dead and that's it.... I got no LED board lights, no fans turning... new power supply... any tips or tricks or FAQ's I could read...?

Should I be looking at the Mother Board as a possible culprit - perhaps it got wrecked when I plugged my USB device in....??

AMD 64 bit 2.9 GHz chip
GIGABYTE GA - K8NS Ultra 939 board...

Thanks
Mitchman333

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

same happened to me with the K7S5A motherboard
AMD 1200 i dont know anymore than that unfortunatly
the powersupply is fine everything is fine
exept it doest want to start up
i was unplugging IDE cables because the bios was set to boot up IDE-1 and i needed it to boot FDE so i could upgrade teh bios

please help me, this is making my head hurt

same happened to me with the K7S5A motherboard
AMD 1200 i dont know anymore than that unfortunatly
the powersupply is fine everything is fine
exept it doest want to start up
i was unplugging IDE cables because the bios was set to boot up IDE-1 and i needed it to boot FDE so i could upgrade teh bios

please help me, this is making my head hurt

Please don't hijack others' threads. Your issue is not related to theirs, and there is nothing anecdotal that could provide help to this member.

As to the original poster, it's likely you do need a new motherboard, if you're sure the PSU is good. Why did it happen-- who knows? Were you the one who wired up the USB ports?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.