Here's what I'm trying to accomplish:

Two computers - the first is a home desktop that has USB and PS2 hook-ups. The second is a laptop with a docking station that only has usb hook ups.

I'd like to have share the same mouse, keyboard, two monitors, printer and speakers between the two computers.

I've figured that part out BUT what I want to know is if there is a way to get what I really really want which is to that same setup BUT with three monitors and somehow have my laptop and phones be able to send to the printer...

If that's not easy (or would be very very expensive) can someone suggest a good KVM switch that would at least suit my basic needs?

Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Yes, there are KVM switches that support multiple monitors. do a search for multi-display KVM.

with regard to send print jobs to the printer, the best approach is probably going to be to buy a wireless printer and hook it up on your local network.

I would recommend checking with KVMSwitchTech. They offer a wide
range of KVM Switch solutions. I am pretty sure they can help you find
the right product for your application.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.