Hi all,

a friend of mine has had a new Dell for about 4months and for the 2nd time now it simply wont start up absolutely nothing happens wen she presses the button.

I hate it when it happens because i feel kinda helpless as to what-to-do ive tried unplugging everything and ive opend it up to have a look n see if its ok physically and nothings on fire or woteva lol :rolleyes:

What else should i try? im lost really and all her work is on there and its her only comp i wish i could help her more :cry:

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi all,

a friend of mine has had a new Dell for about 4months and for the 2nd time now it simply wont start up absolutely nothing happens wen she presses the button.

I hate it when it happens because i feel kinda helpless as to what-to-do ive tried unplugging everything and ive opend it up to have a look n see if its ok physically and nothings on fire or woteva lol :rolleyes:

What else should i try? im lost really and all her work is on there and its her only comp i wish i could help her more :cry:

i am not exactly sure but try holding the power button down for approximately five seconds and then try it then if it doesnt work open the case and find the back of the button and makesure there is a wire hooked up to it and follow it to the motherboard and make sure its connected too

hope this helps
-Zach Boyce

ok ill try that zach
im also going to try disconnecting every piece of hardware gradually and keep trying to see if there is a specific hardware faliure tht is causing it

does anybody else know of sumthing else i could try?

Danniboy.

New Dell? 4 months old? Don't touch it - take it back under warranty!

(you might want to specifically request backup though!)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.