Hi, I have Acer travel mate 290E series. I my Lcd screen was not working I have opned it and completed every thing bot not able to fix a calbe which is comeing from LCD Screem pannel (Black and White) beside normal VGA cable. This cale have round small tiny connectors. I hope this back and white cabe will be fixed on mother board. This back and white cable seems to be power cable for LCD Screen. I can send the picture of this cable email me for this picyures.
badhanmanu@yahoo.ca

Kindly help me to fix this so that I will use this notebook

The cable with black and white wires which has small 'gold' connectors at the end, is the arial which connects to the 'wireless' module inside the laptop.
Not all of the earlier models were shipped with the wireless module, however most had the arial fitted (around the LCD Screen).
Fitting a wireless module is similar to fitting a RAM module, ie, it just plugs in to the slot provided.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.