Hi everyone!

I hope you can help me

I have a computer which freezes and the only option is rebooting it (until it freezes again). I have tried to reinstall the operative system and the problem is still there.

I am running several tests under a linux livecd

• badblocks to check the hard drive
  • memtester for the ram
  • smartctl for the hardrive
  • stress tests 100% cpu ussage for a couple of hours

Any of these signals anything, everything seems correct. I am doubting about the motherboard, the processor, and the graphic card. But I dont' know how to check if they are working correctly.

Anyone could tell me how to procceed?

Thank you in advance!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Does it only freeze when running Windows, or also when running your Linux live cd?

It does not freeze while running linux, but I've only run the live cd with no graphical mode. I will run tonight and stress test with the processors at 100% in graphical mode

Ok. Try running Linux in graphic (GUI) mode. If it still does not freeze, then it is probably a Windows driver problem. If so, then see if there are driver updates to install by going to the hardware vendor website support page for this device.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.