Member Avatar for ingeborgdot@yah

I know that computers need to have ventilation but I need to build a computer for someone that is not in the cleanest environment. Is there such a case that can help with that situation. Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I have a friend that has a similar problem with her computer, and I took a scouring pad and placed it in between the plastic front cover and the perforated metal of the case where the air is drawn in as a filter.

This is what I used as a filter.

i have heard of a lot of people doing that. have you had any problems with ventilation? most of the people i have talked to have said buy a furnace filter and cut a little piece out.
furnace filters run about $3 and you can make a bunch of little filters out of it.

It seems to be working well for my friend, I haven't seen any problems with restricted air flow. There are to case fans running, one on the other side of the filter drawing in air, and one exhausting.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.