Hello

I am trying to fix my sisters laptop I think I know what is wrong but I want to be 100% before I spend any money on fixing it. My sister was using it one day then shuts it down when she was finished and when she tries to boot it up later on in the day the screen was blank, at first they thought the screen was off or something but she noticed when she held it at an angle she could see the desktop and see the mouse moving on the screen so the screen was not off but really really dark. I tried turning up the brightness but no change and to test the Graphics card I plugged in a TV via the HDMI port and it worked fine I also tested the VGA port and that was fine. I think it’s the back lighting on the LED screen what do you think?

hi i dont think LED screens have back lighting like the old lcd screens hd ,the are lit from the edge to the center i think ,and i don't thing its replaceable , ,but i could be wrong

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.